From mediation to arbitration to civil rights complaints, the employment attorneys at KPPB LAW are experienced in advising and representing clients on all facets of employment law. We represent employers on a variety of matters, including:
Employment Counsel & Advice
- Department of Labor audits, EEOC responses and mediation and arbitration, state payday and unemployment insurance hearings, state discrimination responses, review payroll and exempt status, compliance with federal and state regulations and response preparation to retaliation and harassment
- Counseling employers on the hiring, retention and termination of employees
- Counseling employers on discrimination, harassment, reductions in force, wrongful discharge and whistle-blowing
- Assisting with federal and state wage-and-hour law issues and claims
- Counseling on breach of contract claims, restrictive covenant and tortuous interference claims
- Counseling on employee benefits issues, such as paid time off, COBRA, leaves of absences, and disabilities in the workplace
- Counseling on drug and alcohol testing, background checks and electronic monitoring (e.g., e-mails, voicemails, Internet usage, etc.)
For more information on our Employment Counseling services please visit: Labor and Employment Law Counseling.
State and federal laws often intersect at complex points involving administrative procedures and regulations, often leaving employers with several difficulties in fully understanding employment law. To make sure employers have the expertise they need, KPPB LAW offers employers our employment litigation services. For in-depth descriptions of these services, please visit our page on Employment Litigation.
Reviewing and drafting employment agreements/contracts, severance agreements, stock plans, employee policies related to termination and discipline, employee handbooks, non-competition agreements and other employment-specific documents.