Legal guidance is important for any business, perhaps none more so than in the technology industry. While there are legal issues associated with every industry and with the formation and general operation of any business, tech companies may find legal issues particularly challenging because:
- A large percentage of technology industry companies are start-ups that are growing rapidly, which may mean:
- The need for assistance in forming a legal business entity;
- The evolution of roles and a high volume of new hires; and
- The need for capital in the form of loans or investments;
- Tech companies often employ unconventional business models;
- New technology carries with it many unknowns, as the application of existing law may be unclear and there may be no established “industry standard”; and,
- It may be difficult to find a law firm that has both the requisite legal knowledge, experience and an understanding of your business.
Working in the rapidly-developing technology industry is exciting and empowering, but it can also be fraught with legal pitfalls. Whether you are just forming your business entity or have an established operation, we can help. Some of the key areas in which we provide legal services to technology companies include:
- Formation of entities such as partnerships and corporations
- Employee contracts and other employment issues
- Protecting intellectual property, including
- Raising capital through loans or investments
- Negotiating commercial contracts
- Navigating market launches
What Sets KPPB LAW Apart
Unlike many law firms providing services to technology companies, our firm covers the spectrum of corporate, employment-related and technology-related areas of law, simplifying the process of obtaining legal guidance. You can turn to us for all of your corporate legal needs, from filing a patent application to pursuing a trademark infringement claim to structuring an investment agreement to give you the capital you need to take your business to the next level.
Technology is Ever-Changing
Technology evolves quickly, and so do we. As business lawyers representing many technology industry companies, we make it our business to stay abreast of new developments in both technology and the application of law to emerging technologies. Some of the specific technology industries in which we regularly advise and represent clients are:
- Software development and networking
- e-Commerce and Internet-based systems
- Industrial Equipment
- Manufacturing processes
- Life sciences
- Medical devices
- Consumer products
In addition to keeping current with the law as it catches up to today’s technology, we understand the need for agility of a modern technology company and are ready to help you adapt and grow.
Working with a Technology Lawyer
As a technology company executive, you know more about your specific area of technology than most people. When it comes to your products and services, you know just what needs to be done, and you should be free to focus on that and do what you do best without leaving your company exposed. That is where we come in.
Our experienced technology lawyers have the knowledge and ability to understand your operations and the legal concerns you will face as you run and grow your company. We will get to know you and your business, so we are always ready to step in prepared and to advise you with your specific needs and priorities in mind. And, we will make it our business to stay informed about developments in your industry and any legal considerations associated with those developments.
Easy Access to Legal Assistance
We know you are busy, and that the fast-paced world of technology may make it difficult to carve out blocks of time to travel to your attorney’s office. We make it as easy as possible to get the assistance you need by providing multiple options, such as:
- In office appointments
- Skype meetings or other forms of video conferencing or screen shares
- Telephone consultations
We are here to work with you, in whatever way works best for your business.
Get the Help You Need Before You Need It
If you are a technology company currently facing a legal issue, we are happy to help. If you are not yet in need of specific legal assistance, that is even better. When you consult our law firm and retain our services early on, it offers our attorneys the opportunity to get to know you and your business thoroughly. That means when problems do arise, we are prepared to advise you and ready to make quick decisions when necessary.
Protect yourself today against the legal issues that will inevitably arise as your business grows and, even more importantly, against those that can be avoided with careful planning and the right legal guidance.